I enjoyed this assignment as I was going around collecting pictures of letters and numbers. I was much more observant and aware of things that I would normally over look. Once I had all my images and printed them I attempted to binde everything together. That was more difficult than it seemed and because of putting a hard cover on my book I ended up breaking several needles and it was very frustrating at times. If I was too change anything I would either make the pages folios so that I could do the coptic book binding or I would put a paper cover on this book so that it sits flat and opens better.
For this assignment it was challenging to find a variety of rubbings that showed a lot if texture. When walking around a nd selecting textures, often when something looked like it would have a great texture it wouldn’t come through in the rubbing and sometimrs the opposite would happen. It may look like the texture won’t come through but then it ends up being well represented.
Jack and Jill was kind of a neat assignment because it is a story that everyone is familiar with but there were still so mamy different concepts at the critique to represent the story. It was cool that we were given all the symbols to choose from and had to see them for things we wouldn’t normally. One of the first ideas I had that my group then ended up using was exclamation marks for jack and jill. I didnt want to use the bears because I thought most people would but I also wanted something that ha d two differnt styles for male and female. I also really wanted to use the crown that we did because of the style of it for the scene where it breaks.
I actually really enjoyed this assignment. It was time consuming and tricky to recreate the brush strokes. Although I chose an area with a lot of paint I think my re-creation of what was in the box was successful. I think the colors layered well. There are a few areas that I noticed the colors are a little off in or the brush strokes dont quite mimic what was in the box but overall I think this turned out well.
were told and I started to experiment with that and then once I knew for sure that I was going in the right direction I was able to get it. I had trouble getting started because I had no clue what colors to begin with so I just started mixing and seeing what worked best and by seeing what came closest I was able to figure out the trick.